By Nerino Petro at 16 November, 2009, 12:41 pm
Wow, if you didn’t make the 2009 Wisconsin Solo & Small Firm Conference October 29-31 at the Kalahari resort in the Wisconsin Dells, you missed a lot! Here’s just a brief overview of what this years 298 attendees received by coming:
- Fastcase training
- Pre-Conference "How to Survive and Thrive in a Down Economy by Dustin Cole
- Opening Plenary Building the Perfect Client Centered Practice by Jim Calloway
- A vendor hall full of valuable vendors, products and services for the solo and small firm lawyer.
- Friday Plenary Everything You Know About Practicing Law You Learned from Rock and Roll by Reid Trautz
- Noon Special Plenary Ten Steps to a Happy and Successful Practice by Jay Foonberg
- 32 CLE programs in 3 days
- Great networking and family fun!
Here’s some the things that this year’s attendees are saying:
- Great topics, great networking and the family can play at the waterpark.
- It was convenient, at the Kalahari and the days coincided with my son’s school schedule. Additionally as an attorney in two attorney firm it offered topics unavailable elsewhere.
- I had opportunities to meet vendors and review products that are catering to small firms and solo lawyers; Ability to learn about current areas of law that are pertinent to my business. It was also great to meet other small firm lawyers and share experiences. All of this can happen over a period of 2 days when planned at a conference, whereas on my own it would have taken much more time and I likely would have accomplished very little of it.
- I saw both Jay Foonberg and Dustin Cole. Can’t beat that.
- Networking with other small firm attorneys to share experiences and information. Excellent learning experiences from national speakers, Reid Trautz, Dustin Cole, Jim Calloway and Jay Foonberg.
If you missed this years conference, don’t miss the 2010 Wiscosnin Solo & Small Firm Conference Ocvtober 28-30 at the Wilderness Resort in the Wisconsin Dells. Full details will be posted at the conference website for next year in the months ahead. Work is also underway to make available recordings of this years sessions and materials for those who want to hear sessions they couldn’t attend or were unable to make the conference.